Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Reading Notes: Jataka Tales Part B

The story I chose to focus on The Prince and the Water Sprite. This story actually reminded me about the very first story I wrote about. It was about a queen who wanted her youngest son to rule the kingdom. So all the sons went to the forest and got fooled by the water-sprite. I think the story idea I have for this would be a jealous wife/step-mother trying to brainwash her husband into thinking that her kids are not suited for their family and should move out of the house. Her kids should move into the house. Then the husbands kids will find a clever way to show their dad how evil the step-mother is.

The other story I read was The King's White Elephant. I enjoyed reading this story. There were no sad or super upsetting twists and turns in it. The story was basically about these carpenters helping out an elephant, and in return the elephant helps out the carpenters. I think for my story I want to do something like a kid is hungry, so this food chain owner gives the kid free food. Later on in life the kid becomes a doctor and helps out the food chain owner. I think this would make it a full circle.

The Kids Playing With the Elephant
(Source: Main Lesson)

Bibliography: Jataka Tales by Ellen C. Babbitt. Reading Part B

No comments:

Post a Comment