Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Reading Notes: Wilson. The Five Tall Sons of Pandu Part B

I chose to focus on a different aspect of this story. I chose to focus on how Bishma would not fight  Shikhandin, because he was born a woman and transformed into a man. This actually shows a lot about Bishma's personality. First that Bishma refuses to hit a woman, but also that Bishma is not willing to accept the new identity of Shikhandin. I think for my story I could actually talk about someone who is Transgender and the struggles they go through of not being accepted as there new gender. I could incorporate someone who would be Bishma who does not accept the transgender person, but in the end learns to understand the LGBTQ community and starts to understand things. I am excited for this story because it will be a good lesson to learn for others. I would also try to incorporate the bed of arrows some how, because I love that scene in the actual story.


Bishma and the Bed of Arrows

Bibliography:


 Wilson. The Five Tall Sons of Pandu. Reading Guide Part B.


No comments:

Post a Comment