Monday, April 17, 2017

Reading Notes: Shedlock. Eastern Stories and Legends Part C

I decided for my extra credit reading option I would continue reading the tales that I already have been. The one that caught my eye in part C was " The Man Who Told A Lie." In the story four divine beings come to the earth with these unique and precious flowers. The four beings told them that the flowers go to the person who is honest, kind, loyal, and much more. There was a Priest in the crowd who knew he did not fit any of these qualities but wanted the flowers. He decided he was going to fake it and get it from them. One by one he got the flowers from everyone. Once the divine human beings left the earth, the man immediately started to feel sharp pain in his hand. He confessed his lies and told them to take it off, in which they finally did. For my story I was thinking I would make it about a relationship. For example, I would a girl who wants to impress her boss to move up in the company. The boss will have a certain standard of who he likes to promote. This includes things like is always on time, puts in extra work, and is married. To him this is what he sees as a successful person. The girl then pretends to be married and makes up a huge lie until it gets out of control. In the end the boss will see that she is not married and that she lied to him to get the promotion that the will fire her, and she will lose the guy.


A Fake Marriage
(Source: MaxPixel)

Bibliography:

Shedlock. Eastern Stories and Legends by Marie Shedlock. Reading Part C.



No comments:

Post a Comment