Monday, April 10, 2017

Reading Notes: Wilson. The Five Tall Sons of Pandu Part A

I really enjoyed reading about the Pandava Brothers. There story is one of my favorites to focus on. While reading through the reading guide, I was thinking of a different way to tell this story. I did not want to write about the Pandava brothers again, but instead tell it in a different way. Maybe change the plot? I decided I wanted to focus on one aspect of the story. I chose to stick with the Exile and End of Exile part of the story. I have noticed a trend in these stories. Someone always gets exiled for one reason or another. I was thinking for my story I would have five brothers maybe get kicked out of the house at a young age. This would be related to exile. I also like that the end of their exile ends happy. They are ready to reclaim their kingdom, instead of being in exile the whole time. I am thinking that maybe later in the story claiming their kingdom could be either becoming completely independent from everyone and becoming successful. Or, it could be going back home to their parents and being reunited. I am leaning on the independent one more, but this could switch. I also want to add an antagonist in this, and I am thinking that I would make the antagonist either just like the forces of the earth, or have the brothers parents play a big role in the antagonist. I am excited to see where this story goes.


The Pandava Brothers
(Source: OU Blog)


Bibliography:

Wilson. The Five Tall Sons of Pandu. Reading Guide Part A.

No comments:

Post a Comment