Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus

Reading Out Loud:

I already use this technique when I read anything.. It seems to me that I cannot focus without using this technique. Reading out loud really helps catch details that you might miss otherwise. I think many students learn the art of skimming. Sometimes people tend to skim even when they do not mean to. When reading out loud and reading slowly it helps to ensure that no details are missed. I did a technique where I first read the story to myself and then I read it out loud. And I came to notice when I first read it to myself, I had skimmed so much that I got lost in the story. I was not sure who was who, and what was really going on in the stories. For example, by the end of the story I was confused on who the youth was and how the crocodile played a role. I then read it again, and I, then understood the plots of the story. I also realized reading stories out loud help you remember the story, than if you just read it to yourself.

Copy & Paste:

Animals trying to imitate mankind and speak their language - What if that happened in this day in age?

Held festivals to show off their strengths

The animals should also have this type of festival and hold feast.

The whole world was invited to this festival? Really interesting that they are summoned by a drum that everyone can hear.

This is so cute! Each animal playing an instrument of their choice and style.
I like that these animals were able to laugh and play like humans are.
U Kui got a big head and I bet it will end up biting him in the butt.

U Kui is being selfish and does not want to share. I bet if he would of shared his sword people would've admired him more.

That is so awesome how they connected him stealing the sword to thunder. Very creative.
Awh! I hope U Kui get its, and this just made me so sad. I wonder if U Kui's mound will reach the sky?
Those are the notes I got from using the copy and past technique with "What Makes the Lightning."
I can see why the copy and paste technique is so effective. To make a note you have to reflect on what you just read. It does make making comments on someone's post easier and more in depth.

Use a Timer:

I chose to read the story Midterm Madness. I set my timer to 10 minutes. I read it out loud and slowly and I was done reading it within 4 minutes. Then, since I enjoyed reading the story so much I read it again. This time I focused on the message of the story and reelected while I was reading it. It reached to my 10 minutes when I was done. I am not sure how much I enjoyed the timer technique. I feel as if everyone has their own pace in which they read and reflect. A timer could just make some people nervous. In this case it was helpful, but I would of reread the story regardless. 

I think I like the combination of reading out loud and copy and paste. It helps catching every detail. 


Pay Attention to What You Are Reading
(Source: Wikimedia)




No comments:

Post a Comment