Monday, February 6, 2017

Reading Notes: Sita Sings the Blues Part B

The second part of this film did catch me off guard a little. A laundry man beats his wife because he believes she is having an affair. He curses Rama's name and when Rama gets word of this he is furious. He wants his people to respect him and he is now embarrassed about Sita. He has his brother take Sita to the forest and abandon her. She has twins and they sing songs of Rama. Rama hears them and once again wants Sita to prove her loyalty to him

I am very annoyed with Rama. Sita did not ask to get abducted in the first place and she stayed loyal. She also was pregnant with her boys and it makes him heartless for still abandoning her in the forest. This makes me understand why Sita was singing the blues.

I think I want to continue on with my last idea from part A. When Rama comes back he would suspect Sita had an affair with his brother Ravana. She would deny and he would ask her to prove it. She would get the help of the gods to prove it cause she does not want a divorce. She then finds out she is pregnant but not with Rama's baby. At this point she does not know what to do. I want to incorporate mother nature into this somehow since Sita went back into her womb. I am not sure if I want Rama to find out that the boys her not his or not. I am excited to write this next story. I might modernize it or just keep it how it is.


Sita is Pregnant with Rama's Baby 
(Source: Flickr)


Bibliography:

Sita Sings the Blues by Nina Paley: link to reading guide for Film Part B

No comments:

Post a Comment