Monday, March 20, 2017

Reading Notes: The Giant Crab and Other Tales From Old India Part B

From Part B I chose to read "A Bold Begger," This story was interesting because the King was not upset at the end and let the man go free. For my story idea I was thinking of having a beggar play a similar trick on someone but in the end the people would realize how selfish they are being with their money. I liked the wittiness of the beggar, and want to add something of the same sort to my story.

The other tale that I read was called "The King's Lesson." This was a good tale because it gave me some ideas for mine. For example, in this perfect little place they lived in the King did not get conceited after hearing everyone praise him. However, in my story I was thinking of doing something different. I would have two kings who are so-called perfect. However, when they disguise themselves and run into each other, that is when the real selves come out. Each king would be nasty and brutal to one another and would not allow the other to pass. When others would find the kings being so brutal to one another they would see that they were wrong about their king. This is when the kings would learn their lesson and see that it is important to be civil in all cases not just ones where they want to be seen.


The King's Lesson
(Source: Gutenberg)

Bibliography: The Giant Crab and Other Tales From Old India by W. H. D. Rouse Reading Part B

No comments:

Post a Comment