Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

I am happy with my reading selections! I think they are really interesting stories to read and they give me enough room to make the story my own. I think my favorite so far is the video that I watch with the transcrip I read about "Sita Sings the Blues." The story I wrote for it is also my favorite story thus far. My reading schedule is still kind of all over the place. I am taking 21 hours, so I try to just get things done depending on my schedule for that week. However, I do have two places where I love writing my stories and reading. I either do at one of those double screen computers at the library from 3 PM - 6 PM. That is my time on Monday's to get my readings done. The other place is in the comfort of my own room. I have an office, and just sitting there with light music playing in the back just sitting in my comfy pink chair is my other favorite place.


My Favorite: Double-Screen Computers
(Source: Staticflickr)


I definitely believe that the Reading Notes is very helpful. It helps me brainstorm before jumping into the story right away. I have also learned how to read like a writer which is so helpful. In the Notes page I usually brainstorm of the several different ideas I have running through my head. When I go to write my story, I always look back at the notes page and take my suggestions from there to write my story.

For the weeks to come I think I am going to go beyond the epics. Though, I have enjoyed reading them I am still wanting to read new stories. I think I am going to focus more on gods and goddesses! I saw that there is even a movie option for that, I love watching the films. I do believe one of the film options will be something I am going to look at for the weeks to come.

I am excited to see what my portfolio will look like at the end of the semester!

1 comment:

  1. Mehik, I too really think that the reading notes have helped me to explore my creative side. To read like a writer is so important because you constantly need to be brainstorming. This course has also helped me to read more like a writer. I have not branched out into the film options for this class but would love to hear if you have and if you have enjoyed them. I sometimes think that reading takes us back to a time when learning was more simple without technology and everything.

    ReplyDelete