Monday, March 20, 2017

Reading Notes:The Giant Crabs and Other Tales From Old India Part A

I chose to focus on children literature because it is a lot of fun to read. I especially enjoyed reading these interesting tales. However, I am not sure if all of these tales really are for children. One of the stories I read was called the "The Hypocritical Cat." This story was interesting because this so called righteous cat deceived the rats into worshiping him, and then he slowly started to eat them. In the end the chief rat caught on and therefore with the help of his fellow rats they ate the cat. An idea I got from this story was writing a story about karma. The fact that deceiving people can never get you anywhere good. I could write about a king who deceived his people but then they ended up rebelling.

Another tale that I read was called "The Wise Parrot and the Foolish Parrot." This story gave me an idea to do a story over two siblings. One would be wise and one would be foolish. The mother would favorite the foolish one until one day when the wise one gets the foolish one out of trouble. The tables would turn and the mother would realize that she had it all wrong. I thought of this because the wise parrot did not talk much until time came for him to speak up.

Th Wise Parrot and the Foolish Parrot
(Source: Gutenberg)

The last tale I focused on was called "The Dishonest Friend." I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one. The moral of the story is honesty is the best policy. For this I was thinking of making it very modern. I would one friend who is going away for the weekend and needs someone to watch her dog. The friend who is watching the dog would be careless and would let the dog run off. Then that same friend would need someone to hold on to his mother's diamond ring while he goes on a trip. Then the friend with the lost dog would play a trick and say he lost the diamond ring. In the end the mischievous friend would realize that honesty is the best police.

Bibliography: The Giant Cram and Other Tales from Old India by W.H.D. Rouse Reading Part A



No comments:

Post a Comment