Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Growth Mindset

After pondering through the different dimensions of growth I came up with a few that I know I need to work on. One aspect of myself that I know that needs some work is my attachment to the comfort zone. Once I am comfortable I do not like to go out of my way to try new things. However, I know an important part of growing is to try new things and learn from them. Another aspect I could use some work on is, I like to get things right the first time. However, from our revisions that we have to do, I have learned that sometimes it is better to have practice and gain that experience.

Though I need some things to work on, I have improved in lots of ways as well. For example, coming to OU a very important thing I learned was to ask questions! Ask lots of questions! I know that if I am every confused I always email my professors right away with the questions I have. I have also learned, especially with this class, to set my own schedule and priorities. I have also learned a lot about motivation. I know that having the motivation within myself is really important to meet my deadlines. Intrinsic motivation is the best, because you will not always have external rewards to get you to meet the goals needed.

I am grateful for everything I have learned in this class and everything that I will continue to learn. This class has taught me a lot about myself and I hope to only continue to grow from this experience.


Motivation
(Source: Pixabay)


3 comments:

  1. Hi Mehik,
    I can definitely relate to this concept of the inability to jump out of your comfort zone. I think we all are afraid to try new things, but it's that mindset that if you try it, you never know what might become of it that drives you forward. I am glad to see that you have brought up your actions about constantly asking questions, because this definitely allows you to dip your toes in the water and really start branching out more. The more you know, the more curious you become about trying different things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mehik, I really enjoyed reading your post on growth mindset from this week. I think that I too can find myself being stuck in my comfort zone. I think the words comfort zone accurately describe why we stay there, because it does not challenge us. Sometimes branching out of your comfort zone can be exciting and interesting and if we stay in our comfort zone for too long then we will never get to experience the world and all it has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mehik, I can understand how stepping outside your comfort zone can be daunting. It's just unexplored territory, which is what causes us to be so anxious about it. I do think that stepping out of your comfort zone is the best way to grow as a person thought. Without experiencing new things, you won't have the tools necessary to deal with the same situation, if it were to happen again. With practice, it may even become exciting!

    ReplyDelete