Monday, March 27, 2017

Reading Notes: More Jataka Tales Part A

From these tales I chose to read "The Three Fishes." This was such a cute story. Each fish had their own name, and the Very-Thoughtful fish is the one who found a clever way to let the fishermen let his brothers go. Then they went back and lived happily every after. I like stories with happy endings. I think for my story instead of fish I will use humans. It would be three brothers, each with their own personality. They would get in some sort of trouble and the wise brother would get them out.


The Fishermen and the Three Fish
(Source: MainLesson)


The other story I chose to focus on is called "The Cunning Wolf." The man tried to play a trick on the Wolf by pretending he was dead, but the Wolf was too smart for his tricks and caught on. In the end, it was the Wolf who outsmarted the man. For my story idea I am thinking of doing the same thing but again in human form. Someone could play a trick on a child thinking the child is dumb and naive but in the end the child will end up playing the trick on the person. It would be very interesting to see how this story plays out.

Bibliography: More Jataka Tales by  Ellen C. Babitt. Reading Part A

No comments:

Post a Comment