Thursday, January 19, 2017

Narayan's Ramayana Reading Option

It was really interesting to see all the different options available to us. I am going to choose the Narayan's Ramayana's reading option over the other one because I like print copies rather than online copies. I also liked that there was a single modern style and not all over the place. I like consistency. Some other reading options I am interested in reading is Krishna by Sister Nivedita. It sounded interesting to me because of the battles he faces between humans and demons. I also noticed that I am interested in any stories that have powerful Indian women or love stories.

I have not taken an class of epic literature before. This is my first time, and I am quite excited! I have also not taken a religious class either. However, I have many friends who are Hindu and have learned a lot from them. I am also Muslim so I practice Islam. I have also read parts of the Bible. I enjoy learning about different religions and cultures.One thing that I love to do in my free time is watch indian (bollywood) movies. I am also a big fan of Indian music and Indian dance. I do understand Hindi, however I do not speak the language.

I am thrilled with everything that I have learned so far and cannot wait to see what is in store for the rest of the semester.


Rama and Sita, a modern sculpture;
location unknown.
Photographer: Indi Samarajiva
Source: Flickr

I have chosen the image above because of the immense beauty of it. I love how the sculptures look intimidating and serene at the same time. I also like that it looks like the sculptures are places in a small village. The people have something so powerful and amazing "watching" over them. The beauty of it all just takes me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment