Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Storybook Favorites

Hello,

The following are my favorite stories from The Storybook list of Indian Epics. 


This story immediately caught my eye when I was scrolling through the storybooks. I think the reason being is because I am engaged to the love of my life. I know some people find it cheesy, but I think love is something very beautiful and something to be proud of. Therefore, the title did catch my eye since it is relate able to my own life. I do believe the title did a really good job of letting the reader know what the story will be about. The introduction was my favorite part because it was a conversation between a mother and a daughter who is in college. I think it helped grab my attention because the style of a conversation pulls me in more than just bulky paragraphs. The layout of the page was easy to navigate through, which I really appreciate. One design feature that I want to use in my own project would be soft colors of the page. It was not hard to read. I also like how clear cut it was. I hope to use this in my project.


This was a quite an interesting story! The topic of this story are powerful beautiful horses. I chose this story because horses are my favorite animals. The title did do a good job of conveying what the story is about because the stories are about divine horses. I think the introduction was well written. It starts off by saying that horses have been used throughout human history for several purposes. The layout was nice because it was cut up into small paragraphs. This is easy on the eyes for readers. I like that the navigation was really easy to spot. There was an image on every page which helped my interest grow. I also liked that it was a few different stories that each taught a lesson. I found this picture to be very powerful piece.


Hayagriva Returns the Vedas, Ramanarayanadatta astri. Source: Wikimedia Commons


The topics is something familiar to myself and I think that is partly why I chose to look into it. I think the title did do a really good job of explaining what the story would be about. Since the stories were about couples and their amazing love stories. The introduction was very helpful. It laid out the foundation of what was to come. It gave helpful information that we could reference back to if needed. The overall design was really nice. I think the serene colors were a good choice. The pictures helped me understand more of what the stories are about. I also appreciated the author's notes at the end of each story. The sitemap at the end is very easy to comprehend as well. These are definitely somethings I will try to include in my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment