Sunday, January 29, 2017

Reading Notes: The Ramayana Part C

Part C of the Ramayana starts with Ravana tricking Sita into approaching him. Ravana picks up the ground they are standing on and flies away with her. Sita had dropped her jewelry and Sugriva gave it to Rama. He promised Rama he would help him find Sita. Time passed by and Sugriva forgot his promise.

Reading part C reminded me of the Cinderella story in a way. Cinderella lost her shoe at the strike of 12. The Prince found the shoe and wanted to find her. He sent out his advisory and his best men to go see what girl fits the shoe. My idea for this story is going to be like the Cinderella story. I would have “Princess Sista” come to Rama’s kingdom for a ball. She would go to this kingdom, regardless of her mother’s warning of never leaving her home. At the ball, Princess Sita would lose track of time because of what a good time she was having with Prince Rama. When she finally realized how it is should flea the ball as quickly as possible. On her way, out she would lose her gold ring that her mother passed down to her. The Prince would find the ring and go on a hunt to find his princess. However, he would be disheartened when the ring fits every girl that tries it on. He would not know how to tell which one is his princess.

I am a big fan of Cinderella. She is my favorite princess and hope I have several different idea on how I would want to end the story. I want to make sure to add somewhere in my story about Sugriva forgetting his promise. Maybe I will do this with the Prince’s adviser or the Prince’s best friend. Not sure yet.


Rama's Kingdom
(Source: British Library)

Bibliography:

Narayan's Ramayana, link to Reading Guide C.

No comments:

Post a Comment