Thursday, January 19, 2017

Time Strategies

Time management is extremely important especially when you have a busy schedule like I do. One thing that I do to stay on top of things is keep a planner. This planner is filled with details about when I have an assignment due and for what class. It also has the times of when I work and volunteer. I write everything in my planner at the beginning of the semester so I never double book myself for anything and can see my year laid out. The article that I read was "The Psychology of Checklists" by Lauren Marchese. This article in particular caught my eye because I am obsessed with checklists. After reading the article I did like that they she mentioned using SMART goals. It is important to set goals that are measurable and attainable. I also took away the reward system. I plan to set my goals and have a reward for whenever I finish them. This reward will be either getting my nails done or going out to dinner or watching a movie in theaters. It is something to work toward and look forward to. Another way I am going to manage my time this semester is by having someone keep me accountable. By telling my fiance some of my short term goals it will help me stay on top of it. I know that in a few weeks when he asks if I accomplished them or not, I can say I have. It is not easy to always manage time because everyone has lazy days. However, I am going to attempt to have the least amount of lazy days as possible.


Checklists for Dayz. Source: Pixaby


1 comment:

  1. I love planners! Haha. I think they’re one of the greatest inventions. I am currently using a Vera Bradley planner, and am in love with the layout. There are additional note pages, calendars, and weekly pages to stay on top everything. I think planners have really helped me, as well. I also tell my boyfriend some of my goals, and he is always checking up on me. Having someone to keep you accountable is also a great way to manage your time.

    ReplyDelete